Sunday 15 March 2015

The last of the Anne Fogarty dresses (so far!)

In February I blogged about a wool Anne Fogarty dress and the original advert. I mentioned that there was another Anne Fogarty dress that I owned and this is it.



This was another good purchase from eBay and it fits very snugly!  I don't know if I will be lucky enough to find any more Anne Fogarty dresses at reasonable prices, many of the recent ones on Etsy have been over £100.  1950s wool dresses are great to have in winter to keep you warm and stylish.


What I particularly love about this dress is the detail on the back - look at those buttons!  I haven't seen many other dresses with this sort of detailing at the back.


And here are my Gloria by Miss L Fire boots, aren't they cute?  As I explained in a previous post, when the AW14 styles were released, I really wanted the Alpine boots but they sold out in my size in their pre-orders so I decided to buy these ones.  They are pretty comfy and keep my feet warm!

Dress: Vintage from eBay
Boots: Miss L Fire
Bag: Vintage from eBay
Stockings: What Katie Did
Brooch: Luxulite on Etsy
Earrings: Forbidden Charm on Etsy

21 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the colour, the style and everything about your dress.

    I really really want one!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress, the detail is so divine! XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great chic dress, and in such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect dress!!! Perfect fit, gorgeous color and breathless back!!!!
    Wool dresses are so hard to find in good condition, you were lucky to find that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurence! Yes wool dresses are hard to find but I always try to look for them as they are great purchases :)

      Delete
  5. Oh your dress is so lovely! The color really suits you, and that back button detail is so gorgeous. I would love to find a wool dress for winter, but haven't had any luck so far. :) ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonita! Do keep trying to look for vintage wool dresses all year round, you'll be glad when you find the right one :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh, the back of that dress is fantastic. The colour really suits you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim! Purple isn't really a colour I usually gravitate towards but I just had to have this dress!

      Delete
  7. I have always admired Anne Fogarty dresses too - in fact I have yet to see one I don't love! They always have such lovely detailing. The back of that one - those buttons are indeed very special and you look exquisite in it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy-Lou! There are some designers that I really like and this is one of them - I love looking at the old adverts!

      Delete
  8. Those buttons up the back are amazing!!! What a cool, creative touch and extra hit of joy in an already cheerfully fantastic frock - that looks sensational on you, dear gal, I should add.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! The detail at the back (and the good price) is what made me think I had to have it!

      Delete
  9. I already swooned over (the back) of this dress on Instagram ... you look absolute stellar in this dress. wow! great buy!

    The shop is coming soon ... Since I try to work on the shop constantly my actual office job got quite busy after weeks of total boredom amd nothing to do!!!! I will tell you, when it is finally up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes let me know when your shop is up and running, I'm keen to check it out :)

      Delete
  10. I thought this dress was amazing just because of it's glorious colour but then I saw the back view. Wow! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was a really good find, so glad I purchased it :)

      Delete
  11. Hey I love the anne fogarty dresses that you own Im knew in this whole vintage bit so I would really appreciate it when I could get tipps what should I search where do I find it and stuff like that. Im also kind of small and skinny(Im only 15 so yeah) and many vintage dresses are not in my size.
    When you answer me , thank you!:)❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I buy a lot from vintage shops and fairs in London and make friends with the traders! :)

      Delete