Sunday 7 December 2014

When in Bath...

... do as the Romans did and visit the Roman Baths!  And this is exactly what we did when we visited Bath back in October.  Bath is one of my favourite cities in the UK and I have blogged about it before. 

 

Here are some photos of my outfit before we set off.  I had gone for an early 1950s dress (which you can't really see as it is hidden) and jacket.  My favourite era is the mid 1950s - early 1960s but it was nice to go for an earlier look this time.  This dress was purchased on eBay for a bargain price, with the intention that I would wear it to work as it was so cheap.  But when it arrived, I really liked the pattern and decided it was "too nice" for my work.  This often is the case when I purchase vintage clothing for work.  As a result, I wear a mix of repro and vintage to work.


 

And here are some photos taken at the Roman Baths.  I have visited the Baths before but many years ago so it was nice to go again.  I always find it difficult to take outfit photos for this blog whilst I am out and about, as we often need to take a few with different poses and I do wonder what the other people around me must think!

Dress: Vintage from eBay
Jacket: Vintage from Blackout 2 in London
Bag: Vintage from eBay
Shoes: Office (but they have a great vintage style and are so comfortable!)
Earrings: Vintage from the Clerkenwell Fair

8 comments:

  1. I love visiting Bath as well - it is fairly close to where i live

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always xx That jacket is divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes the jacket was a good find as I always find jackets like that to be too big!

      Delete
  3. You look great! I love the gray and red, it's such a classic combo. I would love to visit Bath, I'm not sure if I'd go full Jane Austen or full Chaucer. I'd definitely go full something, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I've never actually been to the Jane Austen museum so I must visit that one day :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely dress. Bath is on my list of cities to visit, it sounds so interesting. I want to go the Baths and the costume museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bath is great, I would definitely recommend visiting! :)

      Delete