Sunday 20 October 2013

Holiday Outfit Post # 5: The Carcassonne outfit

So back to the holiday outfits!  It's odd looking back to summer outfits when the weather in the UK has taken a turn for the worse...

This is the outfit that I wore when we spent the day in Carcassonne.  As you can see from the following photos, Carcassonne is straight out of a fairy tale!  Founded in the 5th century, it is an amazing fortified town and has been featured in many movies and TV shows. 

I am not sure if I should have worn the headscarf on this occasion... Do you ever look back at blog photos and regret wearing a certain item?  It's too late because I wanted to show you this 1950s two piece!


As soon as I saw this crop top and skirt combo on Crush Vintage I knew it had to be mine!  I love the cute buttons on the back of the crop top (even if it is a total pain to get done up by yourself *Thank you Alan*) and the bright blue colour.  The crop top is quite low cut so I had to wear a lace top inside (I don't really like low-cut tops or dresses.)

 
 
And here are some better photos of Carcassonne...
 
 
 
Crop top and Skirt: Vintage from Crush Vintage
Shoes: Topshop
Bag: Vintage from a trader at the Jukebox and Retro Fair in Brighton 2013
Headscarf: Vintage, was a free gift with a purchase from Etsy
Necklace: Vintage from Dear Golden Vintage
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Clubmasters

4 comments:

  1. You find the cutest dresses (even though this is actually a two-piece!)! I love seeing your outfits, and I also love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable outfit! BTW have you ever played the board game Carcassonne? It's super fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post - love the outfit and thank you for the fairy tale castle - I love being an armchair traveler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're killing me with your cuteness + awesome style! This is such a terrific holiday look - I especially like the headscarf.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete