Thursday 29 August 2013

Vintage Fairs are like buses...

... You wait ages for one, then two come at once!

This happened to me a few weekends ago as the Bows and Braces Vintage Fair in Lymington coincided with the Yellow Vintage Fair taking place in Southampton.  This was the first time for the Yellow Vintage Fair and they said it was set to be "the vintage event of the summer."  Sadly I did not find this to be the case but at least the Bows and Braces Fair was good as usual!




I am trying to get better at remembering to take more "detailed" outfit shots for you to enjoy!  I don't usually wear a lot of pink in my vintage outfits because I sometimes feel that with my 50s outfit being very girly anyway, to throw in some pink just makes it a bit too girly!  However, I do really like the colour pink and thought it would be nice to match this dress with some pink accessories.

So I guess you want to know what I bought at these fairs?  Well, we went to the Bows and Braces one first as that opened at 9am and you have to get to these fairs early to snap up the vintage goodies!  I made a bee-line for the 'Pret-a-Vintage' stall as I had heard many good things about this trader and I was not disappointed!  I ended up buying a very cute pale yellow 1930s knit jumper which has little beads on it.  As soon as I saw that it was my size and in very good condition, I jumped at the chance to buy it.  This lady has a really good selection of vintage items and they are mostly well priced.  She has a shop in Farnham and also sells online (I would add the link to her website but I still can't post links!)  Go google her! 

I also got a cute 1950s brown suede handbag from Flash Harry Vintage and I used my £20 voucher which I won from the previous "Best Dressed" Competition to get this.  Flash Harry also has some great 1940s-1950s accessories and jewellery.

As I said, I did not find The Yellow Vintage Fair to be very good, even though it was incredibly busy.  I did not  buy anything vintage but I did see these awesome "fast food" cupcakes from Nom De Plume Cupcakes.  I bought the hamburger one and my boyfriend bought the spaghetti one!


Although the shopping wasn't very good (or at least not if you want vintage items pre 1960!) there was some entertainment from The Cadettes (a local vocal harmony trio, singing songs from the 1940s) and there were also some scooters on display!!  As you can see, the lovely owner of this scooter saw me eyeing it up and asked if I wanted to get on it.  I felt like I was in Roman Holiday! 



Dress: Vintage from the 'Crikey! It's Vintage Fair' in Exeter
Gloves: Vintage from Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair in Spitalfields
Shoes: Vintage from Beyond Retro
Bag: Vintage from Etsy
Hat: Vintage from The Little Vintage Shop, Lymington
Necklace: Vintage from This is Vintage, Bournemouth

4 comments:

  1. So jealous - any vintage fair would be great! You look gorgeous as usual - and you really need that vespa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, there are so many vintage fairs during the summer at your place ... we don't have this here.
    i love your outfit. the hat is absolutely lovely and pink doesn't makes you look girlish.
    hahaha, hey wearing girly dresses and being a blonde - mix this with pink: this totally girlish!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to a vintage fair!!! Never been to one. You look wonderful! I love the pink. Looking girly is fun :)

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful indeed.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete